October 20, 2016
2017 BlueCHiP for Medicare enhancements
October 15 was the start of the 2017 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). We’re excited to once again be able to offer our Medicare members many plan options to choose from to best meet their needs.
Here are some of this year’s highlights and benefit changes:
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Advance will continue to be offered at a $0 premium. This plan uses a local physician network to deliver high-quality, coordinated care.
- Our Living Fit discounted gym membership program is back and available with all BlueCHiP for Medicare plans. It offers members a gym membership at more than 50 locations, including YMCAs, for as low as $5/month.
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Standard with Drugs now offers richer benefits and no drug deductible.
- A lower monthly premium for the BlueCHiP for Medicare dental rider, as well as the additional benefit of covered simple extractions.
- OneTouch will continue to be our preferred vendor for diabetic supplies (glucose monitors and diabetic test strips)
- Addition of the 24/7 Nurse Care Line to give Medicare members another option when they have basic health questions.
- Launch of a new Wellness website for all Medicare members helping them stay fit, track activities, and engage in wellness events with others.
- Web enrollments and plan changes simplifying the purchasing process accompanied by new plan recommendation tool.
For more information, visit our BlueCHiP for Medicare website. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Bousquet, Medicare broker specialist, at (401) 459-1361.