September 21, 2016
2017 Large Group Product Enhancements
We continue to streamline our 2017 large group medical and pharmacy product portfolio to deliver more choice, value, and simplicity for our customers. Our goal was to continue to make it easier to find the perfect solutions for your clients’ needs, with pre-built, best-in-class plan options and a wide range of costs.
Our 2017 Large Group Portfolio includes these plans:
- BlueSolutions for HSA
- HealthMate Coast-to-Coast - 100/80
- HealthMate Coast-to-Coast - 80/60
- HealthMate Coast-to-Coast - Deductible
- HealthMate Coast-to-Coast - No Deductible
- VantageBlue SelectRI
- Pharmacy Plans
Information on all plans can be found after logging in to bcbsri.com/brokers, in the Resources & Training section.
New for 2017! BasicBlue now offers an additional low-cost plan option that features:
Pre-deductible coverage for high-frequency services:
- Copays for primary care, specialist care, telemedicine, and retail clinic visits
- Copays for many tier 1 and tier 2 generic drugs
- Lower-cost visits to patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs)
- Four annual PCP visits
- In-network includes BCBSRI participating providers and the National BlueCard network
- Out-of-network benefits are covered for urgent and emergent care only
- Hybrid calculation for deductible and out-of-pocket maximum
Three new BasicBlue plans will be introduced:
- BasicBlue 1 – 100% in-network coinsurance/not covered (NC) out-of-network with $2,750 deductible and $2,750 in-network out-of-pocket maximum; $10/$30/0%*/0%*/0%* pharmacy copays
- BasicBlue 2 – 100%/NC with $5,000 deductible and $5,000 in-network out-of-pocket maximum; $10/$40/0%*/0%*/0%* pharmacy copays
- BasicBlue 3 – 100%/NC with $7,150 deductible and $7,150 in-network out-of-pocket maximum; $10/$50/0%*/0%*/0%* pharmacy copays
- Each plan has one 5-tier Rx plan option and cannot be paired with any other RX plan.
*0% after the deductible is satisfied
We’re also adding two new BlueCHiP plans to the 2017 Large Group Standard Portfolio:
- BlueCHiP Plan 24 – 80%/60% coinsurance with $5,000 deductible; $0/$25/$40/$50/$150 pharmacy copays
- BlueCHiP Plan 25 – 80%/60% coinsurance with $5,000 deductible; $0/$30/$30/$50/$200 pharmacy copays
Benefit summaries for each plan in the portfolio are now available after logging in to bcbsri.com/Brokers. If you have any questions, please contact a BCBSRI sales representative.