A few highlights of your plan:
- You receive tax advantages when you open a health savings account (HSA)
- $0 for many preventive services, such as your annual physical
- Full coverage for programs to stop smoking, lose weight, and manage conditions like asthma and diabetes
- Coverage for up to 12 chiropractic visits per member per year
- Coverage for up to 30 physical therapy/occupational therapy and speech therapy visits per member per year
- Preventive drug benefit reduces out of pocket costs for certain preventive drugs, if your Employer selected this benefit
Save money with your HSA
Think of an HSA like a retirement account for medical expenses. You can add money to your account and spend it now. Or you can keep saving and use it later in life.
PCP and PCMH explained
Think of a primary care provider (PCP) as your regular doctor, the one you see for a checkup and when you have a medical concern. When they work with a patient-centered medical home (PCMH), they lead an entire team to help you.
Earn rewards just for making healthy choices
Our wellness program will keep you stepping, tracking, and having fun while improving your health.
See a doctor online
You can use Doctors Online when you can’t get to your own doctor’s office. Set up your account now so it's ready for you when you need it.
Doctors Online is a telemedicine service provided by American Well®, an independent company that administers Doctors Online on behalf of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.
Know the basics
The amount you pay before your health plan starts to pay for certain medical bills. It resets every calendar year or plan year.
A specific dollar amount you pay when you get healthcare. Example: A doctor might charge $100 for a visit. If your health insurance has a $20 copay, you would pay the doctor $20 and your insurance would pay the doctor $80.
The percentage of the total medical bill that you have to pay after you’ve met your deductible. For example, some plans have a 20% coinsurance charge for physical therapy. So if the total bill is $100, the coinsurance would be $20.
The maximum amount you would pay out-of-pocket for covered healthcare services each year, including deductible, copays, and coinsurance. After the out-of-pocket is met, in-network covered services are paid at 100% by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.