Get the most from doctors' visits
Going to an appointment at your loved one’s primary care provider? Make sure you have everything you need—when arriving and leaving.
What to bring
- Questions and concerns
- A list of any medicines or vitamins your loved one is taking, including the dosage
- Names and contact information of any doctors seen since the last appointment
- Results of any medical tests since the last appointment
What to bring home
- Answers to all questions
- Directions about what to do, if anything, before the next visit
- Resources for more information about new and existing conditions
- Test results, if available
- Specific directions for taking any medicines prescribed
It's important that you and your loved one feel you're getting the information needed from the primary care provider.
If your loved one doesn't have a regular primary care provider, consider choosing a patient-centered medical home. These practices may offer extended hours, more time with medical professionals, and same-day sick visits. To find an patient-centered medical home, please call Customer Service at the number on the back of your member ID card.
Find more information about patient-centered medical homes.