Understand your pharmacy benefits
You will find important information about your prescription drug coverage whether you have any of these plans:
- BlueChip for Medicare Comprehensive
- BlueChip for Medicare Value
- Part D - Blue MedicareRxSM Prescription Drug Plan (PDP)
BlueCHiP for Medicare
Your "formulary" is a list of all the drugs covered by your plan. Choose the appropriate formulary below:
BlueCHiP for Medicare Value
- 2018 BlueCHiP for Medicare Value Comprehensive Formulary All other BlueCHiP for Medicare plans (except Core)
- 2018 BlueCHiP for Medicare Comprehensive Formulary
Your pharmacy directory includes all of the pharmacies in the BlueCHiP for Medicare network where you can get your prescription drugs*:
- Online pharmacy directory - most up to date
- PDF version of the pharmacy directory - to print or email
- You may save money when you use one of these preferred pharmacies
Learn how you can save money on your prescriptions with mail order and our preferred pharmacies.
Part D - Blue MedicareRx Prescription Drug Plan (PDP)
If you have a Blue MedicareRx Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) instead of prescription coverage through a BlueCHiP for Medicare plan, you can visit the Medicare PDP website.**
Your PDP only covers Medicare Part D prescription drugs. Your Medicare plan (along with any supplemental insurance, if applicable) will pay for your medical services. Use your Blue MedicareRx card when you have prescriptions filled at network pharmacies or through the Blue MedicareRx mail order pharmacy service.
My Advocate Helps can provide you with education and assistance for enrolling into Medicare Savings Programs (MSP) and for Part D Extra Help. Call 1-866-866-7680 (TTY: 1-877-644-3244). This resource gives you access to discounts and community assistance programs. Learn what programs you might qualify for.
*Please note that the directories are subject to change. The online directory is the most up to date.
**By clicking this link, you will leave the BCBSRI website. BCBSRI's privacy policies do not apply to non-BCBSRI websites.