You’re ready to enroll...what’s next?
Congratulations, you’re ready to enroll in a BlueCHiP for Medicare plan! There are several ways you can do that, and we’re here to make it easy and can help you no matter which you choose. First, take a quick look at these 3 tips before you enroll so you have everything you need ready.
Before you enroll
- Check your choice: If you want to double-check you’ve made the right choice for your needs, compare our plans one more time.
- Find your doctor: If you already have a doctor you see regularly, use our find a doctor tool to make sure they are part of the network for the plan you choose.
- Decide on dental: Do you need dental coverage? Check your options.
Now, start your enrollment
- The enrollment form has 8 simple sections and takes about 10 minutes to complete.
- You'll need some personal information handy as well as your federal Medicare card.
- Don't have your Medicare card? No problem. Give us a call at (401) 351-2583 or 1-800-505-2583 (TTY:711)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Open seven days a week, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., from October 1 – March 31). You can use our automated answering system outside of these hours.
- Once you're done, you will receive confirmation of your plan choice by email, and your form will be submitted for review and processing.
Call our enrollment line at 1-877-969-2583 (TTY: 711)
Hours are October 1 – February 14, seven days a week, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
February 15 – September 30, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to noon
In-person at Your Blue Store
Visit us at any of our three store locations to enroll with help in person.
At an informational meeting
Come to one of our meetings to learn all about your options and complete an enrollment form on the spot.
Find the plan you have in mind and enroll online right here on the BCBSRI website.
Or you can enroll through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Online Enrollment Center.
Paper form: Find enrollment forms on our forms page. Print the one you need, fill it out, and mail it back to us. Use this enrollment guide to help you.
Ask for help if you need it
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Open seven days a week, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., from October 1 – February 14). You can use our automated answering system outside of these hours.
Current members who want to change their plans can call our Medicare Concierge Team at (401) 277-2958 or 1-800-267-0439 (TTY: 711).
Hours: October 1 - February 14, seven days a week, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. February 15 - September 30, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to noon. You can use our automated answering system outside of these hours.