Take charge of your health
One of the very best ways to stay healthy is to keep moving! With your Medicare Advantage plan, you can do just that, from gym memberships and yoga to salsa lessons and Zumba classes. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, regular physical activity can help lower your risk for heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, depression and some cancers. So, what are you waiting for?
With our Living Fit program, you get a full membership at your choice of more than 50 local fitness centers for as little as $5 a month. All monthly memberships include:
- unlimited use
- access to fitness classes
- indoor pools where available
Wellness made fun
Whether you join a gym or not, try our wellness program, powered by the Virgin Pulse® app. It’s available online, on your phone, tablet, desktop or watch—all at no cost as part of your Medicare plan. It’s easy and fun. Here’s what you can do to help you stay healthy and active:
- Enjoy activity, weight, sleep, and mood trackers
- Engage in healthy team challenges with friends
- Customize nutrition tools
- Take a health assessment and rate your health from 1 to 100
Get started in 3 simple steps:
- Sign up – Go to join.VirginPulse.com or download the Virgin Pulse app at the Apple App store or Google Play.*
- Choose Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island as your sponsor.
- Connect your Fitbit or other wearable device to track and sync steps with the app.
Free classes and screenings
As a Medicare Advantage member, you could visit any of our Your Blue Store locations—East Providence, Lincoln, Warwick, and now Cranston—for free exercise classes, nutrition seminars, nurse consultations, and health screenings. Try:
- Circuit training
- And many educational classes
In-home health assessments
You can have an annual health assessment—at no cost to you—right in your home! Find out if this program could help you. Call 1-855-205-0431.
The Health Center
It’s important to use quality information when making health decisions. At the Health Center, you’ll find more than 7,000 articles and interactive tools to help you take the best care of yourself:
- In-depth information about prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Decision Points on dozens of medical tests, surgeries, and treatments
- Interactive tools, calculators, and quizzes
*Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply. The downloading and use of the Virgin Pulse mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online stores from which it is downloaded. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.