Look at our prescription drug coverage
All of our health plans include comprehensive prescription drug coverage. It is designed to ensure you have access to safe, medically appropriate, and cost-effective drugs. No matter which health plan you choose, you'll have access to a wide range of prescription drugs, an extensive pharmacy network, and easy tools to manage your prescriptions.
Will your prescription be covered?
View the list of drugs, called a "formulary," covered by our plans:
The BCBSRI formulary is divided into five tiers. Each tier has a corresponding copay, depending on your health plan:
- Tier 1 – Lowest cost generic drugs
- Tier 2 – Low-cost generic drugs
- Tier 3 – Higher cost generic and preferred brand name drugs
- Tier 4 – Highest cost generic and non-preferred brand name drugs
- Tier 5 – Specialty drugs.
Is your pharmacy in our network?
Search pharmacies in your network and even compare costs:
Do you prefer home delivery?
Mail order pharmacy could save you money and time:
- Receive 90-day supplies of your maintenance medicines.
- Enjoy free standard shipping, refill reminders, and auto-refill.
- Save time when you order online.
- Pharmacists check each prescription multiple times before they send it to you.