Look at our prescription drug coverage
All of our health plans include comprehensive prescription drug coverage. It is designed to ensure you have access to safe, medically appropriate, and cost-effective drugs. No matter which health plan you choose, you'll have access to a wide range of prescription drugs, an extensive pharmacy network, and easy tools to manage your prescriptions.
Will your prescription be covered?
View the list of drugs, called a "formulary," covered by our plans:
The BCBSRI formulary is divided into five tiers. Each tier has a corresponding copay, depending on your health plan:
- Tier 1 – Lowest cost generic drugs
- Tier 2 – Low-cost generic drugs
- Tier 3 – Higher cost generic and preferred brand name drugs
- Tier 4 – Highest cost generic and non-preferred brand name drugs
- Tier 5 – Specialty drugs.
Is your pharmacy in our network?
Search pharmacies in your network and even compare costs:
Prescription savings program
MedsYourWay® helps you find the lowest available price of applicable discount cards for your eligible medications—no coupons or other cards needed. And all covered prescription purchases count toward your deductible (if applicable) and out-of-pocket maximum—that doesn’t happen with other discount drug card programs.* Just show your member ID card.
Do you prefer home delivery?
Mail order pharmacy could save you money and time:
- Receive 90-day supplies of your maintenance medicines.
- Enjoy free standard shipping, refill reminders, and auto-refill.
- Save time when you order online.
- Pharmacists check each prescription multiple times before they send it to you.
*MedsYourWay is not insurance. It is a drug discount program administered by Prime Therapeutics, LLC, an independent company contracted by BCBSRI to provide pharmacy benefit management services. Ask your pharmacy if they participate in MedsYourWay before filling your prescription.