Access useful tools on secure portal
To help you and your staff work as efficiently as possible, our secure Provider portal offers several helpful tools. Participating providers can register for access (see below) and take advantage of its many features.
- View remittance advices (RAs) online through the Correspondence Center.
- Check status of all claims submitted with your National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Check patient eligibility to verify effective dates of coverage, copays, deductibles, and other information.
- Access provider publications including:
- Participating Provider Administrative Manual
- BCBSRI Practice Guidelines
Call us if you’d like an orientation at your office about provider publications or:
- Online preauthorization requests – This is a convenient way to submit preservice or aftercare authorization requests.
- Our hospital comparison tool – Research and review independent hospital comparisons provided by HealthShare.
How to register
To register for the secure provider site, you’ll need to get a PIN. Please note that only physicians/providers who are participating with Blue Cross and have an NPI may obtain a PIN. To request a PIN:
- Go to the portal registration page and select Provider.
- Read and acknowledge the Terms and Conditions and click Continue.
- Click the link for participating providers.
- Click the link to request a PIN.
- Complete the required fields and click Go.
- Shortly after you will receive your PIN via e-mail.