Jun 1, 2023
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island again ranked #1 in member satisfaction among commercial health plans in the Northeast region
For three consecutive years, BCBSRI has received the highest member satisfaction ranking by J.D. Power
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (June 1, 2023) – Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) has been ranked #1 in member satisfaction among commercial health plans in the Northeast region in the J.D. Power 2023 U.S. Commercial Member Health Plan Satisfaction Study. It’s the third consecutive year that BCBSRI has attained top honors.
J.D. Power is a global leader in data analytics and consumer intelligence, measuring customer satisfaction in numerous industries. BCBSRI was the highest ranked insurer in the Northeast region for overall satisfaction, customer service, billing and payment, and out-of-pocket costs. This year, BCBSRI’s overall satisfaction score is 29 points higher than the Northeast region average.
“We’re thrilled to be #1 in the Northeast yet again! What makes this honor so meaningful – and our company so proud to be honored – is that it’s based on feedback from the very people we serve,” said BCBSRI President & CEO Martha L. Wofford. “Just like in sports, being #1 three times in a row for customer satisfaction can only be achieved when an organization is fully and relentlessly committed to excellence. Our associates are devoted to delivering the best possible experience to our members, whether members are calling customer service, looking for a provider, trying to navigate a complicated issue or just stopping by our retail store to learn more about their benefits.”
This top ranking is a reflection intentional investments BCBSRI has made in meeting customers where they are, including:
- Your Blue Store retail locations across Rhode Island, including a 5th opening this fall in Narragansett
- myBCBSRI digital health portal
- Expanded care management programs for members with diabetes and other ongoing medical conditions
- Prescription drug savings at the pharmacy with our MedsYourWay Rx discount program
- Behavioral healthcare solutions, including telehealth appointments, at-home addiction treatment, and expanded urgent care visits for youths.
- Innovative well-being programs and member incentives
- Industry-leading provider quality, networks, and discounts
For J.D. Power 2023 award information, visit jdpower.com/awards