Nov 6, 2019
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island offers 2020 plans that focus on helping individuals and families save money and stay healthy
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) is offering individuals and families 2020 health plans that feature wellness rewards and access to discounts that make healthy living simpler and more affordable. Plans also include 100 percent coverage for in-network preventive care.
“Listening to our customers and acting on their feedback is at the heart of how we develop and enhance our product offerings. That feedback is evident in our 2020 health plans for individuals and families who purchase insurance on their own,” said Melissa Cummings, executive vice president and chief customer officer at BCBSRI. “For 2020, we are introducing enhancements that our customers have asked for, such as rewards for taking charge of their wellness and added value through discount programs that target healthy living and every day health-related items.”
For 2020, BCBSRI is offering a range of health plans that meet the needs of customers who purchase insurance on their own, including basic plans with traditional benefits, local network plans with lower premiums and a more innovative plan that offers tax-saving opportunities through a health savings account (HSA). All BCBSRI medical plans for individuals and families include access to a wide network of local and national providers, 100 percent coverage for in-network annual physicals, flu shots and other preventive services, as well as no cost educational programs on chronic health conditions including asthma, diabetes and smoking cessation.
Some of the specific benefits include:
- Wellness Reward: Earn up to $500 per household in wellness rewards for you and your covered spouse by syncing activity devices with the Virgin Pulse® app to track wellness activities and goal progress.
- CVS Pharmacy® discount: Receive 20 percent in-store discounts on thousands of CVS Pharmacy brand health-related items.
- Blue365®: Receive significant discounts on a variety of programs and services, such as fitness centers, athletic wear/equipment, personal care (hearing, skin, vision, dental), and lifestyle (hotel, travel).
BCBSRI is also placing a focus on digital tools that simplify interactions with the health plan and also with healthcare providers such as:
- Doctors Online: Telehealth platform that connects customers with top-rated, board-certified doctors from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Your Blue Touch RI: Mobile app that makes it easy to check benefits, view claims history or find nearby specialists.
- Your Blue Wire: Receive text messages about flu shots, important tests, benefit updates and more.
Individuals and families who do not receive health coverage from an employer have the opportunity to enroll in a 2020 plan until December 31, 2019. With four Your Blue Store locations, Rhode Islanders can easily meet with a Blue Cross representative face-to-face to choose the best plan, including medical and dental, for their needs. Other ways to connect with BCBSRI:
- By phone: 401-459-5550 or 1-855-690-2583 (TTY:711)
- Online: bcbsri.com to review benefits, make plan changes and more.