Large group updates
In the large group portfolio, we will also be adding eight Network Blue New England Options plans, available starting January 1, 2020.
Our 2020 large group portfolio includes the following product families:
- HealthMate Coast-to-Coast
- Access Blue New England
- Blue Choice New England
- Network Blue New England
- Network Blue New England Options – new effective January 1, 2020
2020 large group product family and plan removals
Product family drop:
- The BlueCHiP with Flex product family is being withdrawn from the 2020 large group portfolio.
- Any customer that is currently enrolled in this product can continue to enroll in their existing plan(s).
- HMC2C Coin 83 – 100/80, $1,500 deductible with $15/25/50/100 office visits
- HMC2C Coin 94 – 100/80, $2,000 deductible with $15/25/50/200 office visits
- HMC2C Coin 342 – 100/80, $5,000 deductible with $25/40/50/100 office visits
- HMC2C Coin 52 – 80/60, $1,000 deductible with $25/40/50/150 office visits
- VantageBlue 113 – 100/80, $250 deductible with $25/40/50/150 office visits
- VantageBlue 22 – 100/80, $2,000 deductible with $15/25/50/150 office visits
- BlueSolutions Plan 65 – 100/60, $5,000 deductible with $25/40/50/150 office visits after deductible
- BlueSolutions Plan 69 – 80/60, $3,000 deductible with $25/40/50/150 office visits after deductible
- For BlueSolutions Plans 81 and 82 – now plans 83 and 84 respectively – the OOP will be changed from $2,750/$5,400 to $2,800/$5,600
- These changes were made in order to comply with the IRS annual minimum values.
Free sick visit
- Currently, our VantageBlue plans offer members a first free sick visit.
- This benefit was introduced a few years ago as a way to shift member utilization away from urgent care and emergency room services and toward seeing their PCP to help reduce their costs.
- The utilization has remained the same, and members are not utilizing this benefit, so it will be removed in 2020 upon renewal.
Network Blue New England
- Network Blue New England 23 – 80/NC $1,000/$2,000 with $30/50/100/200 office visit copays will be added to the large group portfolio.
Preventive services for HSA-qualified high-deductible health plans
The following changes are based on guidance from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), issued in July 2019. The IRS guidance allows for potential additional changes to preventive services that are being evaluated for plan years beginning in 2021.
- Effective upon renewal in 2020, all BCBSRI small group BlueSolutions plans will have an expanded preventive drug list that now includes a certain class of prescription drugs to treat depression.
- Effective upon renewal in 2020, all BCBSRI large group fully insured BlueSolutions and Access Blue New England plans will have the option to add the expanded preventive drug list.