2023 Medicare Advantage benefit changes to improve overall patient care
We have created more direct channels of patient and practice communication to help you help your patients. We recognize patient care is your top priority. Directing patients to plans that will meet their unique healthcare needs and budget can be challenging but we’re here to help. Our subject matter experts can present patients with the best BCBSRI plans that meet their individual needs. Our team can also optimize patients’ access to care by assisting with completing Medicaid applications (for existing members). Together, we work to assist patients who might otherwise be lost in the AEP process and miss out on critical services that can improve their quality of life and overall care.
Our 2023 Medicare Advantage portfolio changes will make a meaningful difference in patient care. Here are just a few key changes, driven by patient feedback.
For all BCBSRI Medicare Advantage plans:
- Flexible Benefit Card – Includes dental, hearing, vision, and vision hardware
- Insulin savings program expansion – All formulary insulins are now $20
- Low-cost generic inhalers – Moved from Tier 3 to Tier 2, with a $0 copay for most members
- Dental coverage – Now included with all plans
- Post-discharge meals – Now provided after hospital and SNF stays with delivery by Millonzi Catering
- HealthPath behavioral health program
For BlueRI for Duals, our DSNP plan:
- $0 Part D copays for members with Extra Help
- $150 over-the-counter (OTC) and grocery monthly allowance for members with Extra Help
- Inclusion of dentures, single tooth implants, and periodontics
- Inclusion of PERS (personal emergency response system)
- Increase in Papa Pals hours (from 60 to 120)
- Increase in transportation/rides (from 50 to 72)
Value – ACCESS for Value members with an Oak Street Health PCP and low-income subsidy
- $0 Part D copays
- $75 OTC and grocery monthly allowance
Please contact us to get a copy of your personalized BCBSRI Medicare Advantage office staff reference guide. This tool offers real-time reminders on key BCBSRI Medicare Advantage benefits, bridging patient needs to clinical and community-based interventions. We are excited to share these rich benefit enhancements with your team and look forward to hearing from you!