BlueRI for Duals
Get more benefits – we can help
Our team of Medicaid Specialists are ready to help you with your long-term services and supports (LTSS) application and your annual Medicaid re-certification. Once you become part of the BCBSRI family, you’ll never have to do these things alone again.
Watch for us in your neighborhood
Visit us at Your Blue Bus or our Fold-out Store. Get your questions answered. Spin the prize wheel.
Or, give us a call at (401) 459-5477 or 1-855-430-9293 (TTY: 711).
See what the new BlueRI for Duals can do for you
Click or tap each of the sections below.
More extras mean more ways to save money
- $200 wellness reimbursement for exercise classes, weight loss, and in-home equipment
- $300 to buy glasses and contacts
- $275, four times a year, to buy over-the-counter (OTC) health items at stores like1:
- Rite Aid
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- CVS Pharmacy®
$0 benefits to keep you healthy
- $0 cost for $3,000 dental coverage
- $0 gym membership and home fitness kits2
- $0 hearing aids and batteries3
- $0 mail order drugs4
- $0 routine hearing and vision
Extras that give you more convenience
- Monthly groceries — $50/month value5
- Private ride service to doctors, libraries, senior centers6
- Meal deliveries to your home after a hospital stay7
What is a D-SNP?
A D-SNP is a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan. It gives you all the benefits of Original Medicare, with the extras that come with a Medicare Advantage plan. D-SNPs:
- Provide coverage for people who are enrolled in both Medicare + Medicaid.
- Coordinate care and benefits between Medicare, a federal program, and Medicaid, a state program.
- Help people with the highest needs cover out-of-pocket costs.
- Give you all Part A and Part B benefits for $0.
How do you qualify for BlueRI for Duals?
You must be dual eligible.* That means:
- You qualify for Medicare Part A and Part B.
- You meet the income and asset levels to qualify for state Medicaid.
BlueRI for Duals may be a good plan for:
- Low-income adults who are 65 years or older.
- Younger adults with disabilities
Don’t qualify for Medicare + Medicaid, but qualify for some State or Federal subsidies? Ask us about our ACCESS Program
*There are additional eligibility requirements. There may be other ways to qualify as well. Talk with one of our local Medicaid specialists to learn about your options.
When can you sign up for BlueRI for Duals?
- After qualifying life events or during the Medicare Advantage Annual Election Period (AEP: October 15 - December 7).
- If you just became eligible for a D-SNP plan, you can enroll any time.
- If you have Medicaid, you become eligible for Special Election Periods (SEPs). During these times, you can join, switch, or drop your plan one time each quarter:
- January – March
- April – June
- July – September
1Vendors current as of August 31, 2021. Unused benefits do not roll over to the next benefit period. You cannot exceed your quarterly benefit amount. Prices, brands, and items vary from store to store. Purchases made online or by phone using the catalog may also be different than what you find in stores.
2The Silver&Fit program is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). Silver&Fit is a trademark of ASH and used with permission herein. The people in this piece are not Silver&Fit members. Participating facilities and fitness chains may vary by location and are subject to change.
3Hearing benefit is administered through NationsHearing. To get started, call 1-866-708-1234 (TTY:711) or visit nationshearing.com/BCBSRI.
4Pay $0 copay for a 90-day supply of many generic drugs in Tiers 1 & 2. Your actual savings depend on the drugs you take. Call Express Scripts Home Delivery at 1-833-599-0726 to switch. Express Scripts® Pharmacy is a pharmacy that is contracted to provide mail pharmacy services to members of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.
5Available for members with qualifying chronic conditions.
6Available within our service area. Any trip over 20 miles will count as additional trips and will be subtracted from your 50 trip total. Call 1-833-972-2774 or visit bcbsri.kaizenhealth.org to set up a ride.
7Get a week's worth of meals delivered to your door up to four times a year when you get home from an inpatient hospital stay. For more information on the meals program, call 1-833-853-8946 (toll free) and provide your BCBSRI Member ID number.