Medicare + Medicaid = More benefits for you
Sign up year-round in BlueRI for Duals
For fastest service, call (401) 459-5477 or 1-855-430-9293 (TTY: 711)
BlueRI for Duals
Get more benefits in 2023 – we can help
See how BlueRI for Duals (HMO D-SNP) gives you so many extra benefits —at no extra cost to you. Like $3,000 for dental care ... $300 for eyeglasses … an over-the-counter benefit … free grocery delivery. And a health navigator to help you every step of the way, from filling out forms to making appointments for you. Once you become part of the BCBSRI family, you’ll never have to do these things alone again.
Do you carry these cards?
If you don’t have Medicare and Medicaid, we can still help you find out if you’re eligible. Give us a call at (401) 459-5477 or 1-855-430-9293 (TTY: 711).
Up to $17,000 in money-saving benefits in 2023
Find the benefits you need right here. More extras. More zeros. More care.
dental benefit covers dentures, crowns, root canals, and more
a month to buy groceries and over-the-counter items1
for wellness-related items and services
private rides to doctor visits and other locations in your community2
- 2 hearing aids, including 3-year supply of batteries3
- $300 for eyeglasses or other vision hardware
- Doctors near you and across RI, and even some in Massachusetts. Find a doctor near you.
BlueRI for Duals FAQs
What is a D-SNP?
A D-SNP is a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan. It gives you all the benefits of Original Medicare, with the extras that come with a Medicare Advantage plan. D-SNPs:
- Provide coverage for people who are enrolled in both Medicare + Medicaid.
- Coordinate care and benefits between Medicare, a federal program, and Medicaid, a state program.
- Help people with the highest needs cover out-of-pocket costs.
- Give you all Part A and Part B benefits for $0.
How do you qualify for BlueRI for Duals?
You must be dual eligible.* That means:
- You qualify for Medicare Part A and Part B.
- You meet the income, asset levels, and medical needs to qualify for state Medicaid.
BlueRI for Duals may be a good plan for:
- Low-income adults who are 65 years or older.
- Younger adults with disabilities
Don’t qualify for Medicare + Medicaid, but qualify for some State or Federal subsidies? Ask us about our ACCESS Program
*There are additional eligibility requirements. There may be other ways to qualify as well. Talk with one of our local Medicaid specialists to learn about your options.
When can you sign up for BlueRI for Duals?
- After qualifying life events or during the Medicare Advantage Annual Election Period (AEP: October 15 - December 7).
- If you just became eligible for a D-SNP plan, you can enroll any time.
- If you have Medicaid, you become eligible for Special Election Periods (SEPs). During these times, you can join, switch, or drop your plan one time each quarter:
- January – March
- April – June
- July – September
1Unused benefits do not roll over to the next benefit period. You cannot exceed your benefit amount. Prices, brands, and items vary from store to store. Purchases made online or by phone using the catalog may also be different than what you find in stores.
2Available within our service area. Any trip over 20 miles will count as additional trips and will be subtracted from your 72 trip total. Call 1-833-972-2774 or visit bcbsri.kaizenhealth.org to set up a ride.
3Hearing benefit is administered through NationsHearing. To get started, call 1-866-708-1234 (TTY:711) or visit nationshearing.com/BCBSRI.