What do I need to start?
Decide whether you will choose Original Medicare (Parts A and B) or a Medicare Advantage plan
If you choose a Medicare Advantage plan, here’s what you need to know:
- The enrollment form has 8 simple sections and takes about 10 minutes to complete.
- You'll need some personal information handy as well as your federal Medicare card.
- Don't have your Medicare card? No problem. Give us a call at 1-800-505-BLUE (2583), and we'll help you get enrolled.
- Once you're done, your form will be submitted for review and processing. Confirmation of your plan choice will be sent to you via mail.
How do I enroll in a plan?
You have four ways to enroll in a Blue Chip for Medicare plan. With every choice, remember that we’re always happy to help.
- Online: This is the most convenient way to enroll. You can get started and then, if you don’t have time to finish or you don’t have all your information, you can come back to the online form later. When you’re finished your form is submitted for review and processing.
- On the phone: Call us and we can help you fill out your form over the phone: (401) 351-BLUE.
- In Your Blue Store: Come by one of our three retail stores – in Lincoln, Warwick, and East Providence – and we can help you enroll. This is a good option if you still have questions. You can get answers face-to-face.
- Paper form: Find enrollment forms on our forms page. Print the one you need, fill it out and mail it back to us. Use this enrollment guide to help you.
Can someone help me with all this?
Absolutely! BCBSRI Medicare Specialists understand how Medicare works, so they can:
- Check to make sure you are enrolling in the plan that works best for you
- Answer all of your questions
- Help you fill out your enrollment form
Or come to one of our Medicare educational seminars. Meet your local BCBSRI Medicare team, we can answer all your questions and help you enroll.