Rated 5-Stars by Medicare two years in a row
We’re proud to say we received 5-Stars in the following categories:
- Customer service
- High levels of member retention
- Staying healthy: Screenings and tests
5 reasons BCBSRI is different
A 5-Star rating tells you to expect the best, whether that’s from a restaurant or a new stove. The same ranking system can help you choose a Medicare Advantage plan—or feel confident keeping the one you have.
- Our ability to sustain 5-Star performance year-over-year, compared to widespread rating decreases on both a national and local level, is something you can feel good about. It means that you’re getting the best service, the best care, and the best plan available.
- If you have questions about your plan, you can visit a Your Blue StoreSM and ask questions face-to-face.
- You can call our local Medicare Concierge team to get help finding a new doctor or scheduling a wellness visit.
- Our local care managers work directly with your healthcare providers behind the scenes to make sure you’re getting the help you need and the care you deserve.
- We’re a Rhode Island company committed to helping our fellow Rhode Islanders get the right care, at the right time.
Get even more benefits: From Rhode Island’s highest rated plans
When you choose a plan from Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), you’re getting one of the highest rated plans in the country. And, on a local level:
- BlueCHiP for Medicare Value (HMO-POS) is the most popular Medicare Advantage plan in Rhode Island.*
- HealthMate for Medicare (PPO) is the most popular PPO plan in Rhode Island.*
- BlueRI for Duals (HMO D-SNP) is the only RI D-SNP plan to ever get a 5-Star rating.
- We have RI’s only $0 premium 5-Star plans.
- We have the only 5-Star plans available to all Medicare-eligible Rhode Islanders.
For more details about any of our 2023 5-Star plans, visit medicare.gov/plan-compare or call us. We’re happy to help!
New to BCBSRI? Call us at 1-800-505-BLUE (2583) (TTY: 711).
Already a BCBSRI Medicare member? Call us at 1-800-267-0439 (TTY: 711).
What does 5-Stars mean?
CMS rates plans to help compare the quality and performance of all Medicare Advantage plans in the market. This rating is based on data from member satisfaction surveys, plans, and providers. Star ratings also measure how well we help members take care of their health (like important tests and screenings).
Providing our members with access to high-quality care and service is not only our top priority, it’s what we live for. Which is why we work closely with providers throughout the state to make sure our members have the care they need, when they need it.
*Based on market share calculations from CMS: Monthly Enrollment by CPSC, Report Period 2022-08.