"At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion for our employees, customers, members, and community. Our supplier diversity program demonstrates this commitment by ensuring that certified diverse (minority-owned, women-owned, LGBTQ-owned, disability-owned, veteran-owned, small disadvantaged, service-disabled veteran-owned, HUBZone) enterprises have open access to contracting opportunities with BCBSRI. Cultivating partnerships with diverse suppliers allows us to provide innovative solutions to our customers in an increasingly dynamic healthcare ecosystem and to stimulate economic vitality throughout all the communities we serve."
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island will increase our procurement of products and services from minority-owned, women owned, LGBTQ-owned, disability-owned, veteran-owned, small disadvantaged, service-disabled veteran-owned, and HUBZone business enterprises as well as local small businesses. Investing in and partnering with a diverse supplier base reflecting our customers and our community advances our vision to lead a state of comprehensive health and well-being for all Rhode Islanders. We are committed to creating opportunities that will have a significant positive economic impact throughout our state.
Through our Supplier Diversity Program, we will:
- Maximize opportunities for diverse businesses to do business with BCBSRI
- Foster a culture that promotes sustainable economic development of diverse business enterprises throughout the communities we serve
- Build partnerships with suppliers to create value and offer exceptional service to our customers
- Activate our commitment to inclusion, equity, and comprehensive health and well-being by investing in our communities, building economic sustainability, job creation, and job growth
We actively seek and encourage diverse businesses from all segments of the business community to participate in our corporate procurement process. We recognize the value that this program brings to our company, our members, and our associates. Certified suppliers that qualify for this program include:
- Minority-owned businesses
- Woman-owned businesses
- Veteran-owned businesses
- LGBTQ-owned businesses
- Disadvantaged business enterprises and small disadvantaged businesses
- Disability-owned businesses
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island accepts certifications from the following organizations:
- State of Rhode Island Certification
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and its regional affiliates
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and its regional affiliates
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) for small businesses and those owned by a veteran
- Disability:IN certifies disability-owned business enterprises, including service-disabled and veteran disability-owned businesses.
- Other government agencies (state or national level)
Other certifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we purchase
We aim to provide access and opportunity for all suppliers across business sectors to participate in our procurement process. We purchase a variety of products and services to serve our members, including, but not limited to:
- Advertising and marketing services
- Computer hardware, software supplies, and services
- Information technology contingent labor services
- Promotional items
- Staffing solutions
- Office supplies
If you are interested in being a supplier or already are a supplier, please login in to our supplier portal.
Registering with BCBSRI will not automatically guarantee a business opportunity. We will contact suppliers that meet our criteria if we have an appropriate business opportunity.